Improving the quality of vocational education
Sphere of activity 3 “Improving the quality of vocational education”
GQM - Graduate qualification measure
ICPC - Independent certification of professional competencies
The project makes a significant contribution to the improvement of quality of vocational education through introduction of elements of independent certification of professional competencies (ICPC) in final qualification examinations (in 2017-2018, they participated in the Higher School of Economics with elements of ICPC within the framework of SD 3 - 20 educational institutions (EI) in five sectors and professions). In 2019, additional 40 educational institutions were supported in conducting GQM with elements of the ICPC. In 2019, educational institutions that have already participated in 2017-2018, held a separate GQM with elements of the ICPC. In 2020, the remaining 35 educational institutions of the primary vocational education system will conduct examinations.
Educational institutions, which last year already participated in GIZ pilot, will independently conduct qualification exams with elements of independent certification. Thus, at the end of 2020, each of the educational will conduct a qualification measure. This allows extending the method of independent certification in the GQM to all groups of educational institutions. To support the spread of these qualification measures, sectoral Centers of Excellence (CECs) were established in 6 sectoral areas: Energy, Light Industry, Construction, Housing and Communal Services, Public Catering, Beauty Industry. In addition, it is planned to establish two Centres of Excellence in agriculture and information and communication technologies.
In order to improve the quality of professional education through social partnership, a sectoral system of the ICPC has been created at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI) of the Kyrgyz Republic and two sectoral centers of the ICPC in the field of public catering and beauty industry.
In accordance with the results achieved and the dissemination of the experience gained in the system of primary vocational education, two interrelated subcomponents have been identified in activity 3 "Improving the quality of vocational education":
А. Improvement of the system of independent certification and introduction of elements of the ICPC in the final qualification exams of graduates of primary vocational education.
В. Development and testing of the process of validation of informally and informally acquired professional competencies.
In accordance with the above two subcomponents of the sphere of activity 3 "Improvement of quality of professional education" the following results should be achieved:
- Tested procedures and methods for independent certification of professional competencies are extended to other sectors (Outcome C)
- Development and pilot testing of informal and informal competencies validation process (Outcome D)
In order to achieve result C is planned:
- Developed procedures, methods and elements of independent certification of professional competencies tested in final qualification exams in 2017-2018 in 5 sectors of the economy (5 professions), will be extended to 2 additional sectors and professions.
- Establishment of 2 Centres of Excellence (CECs), in addition to the 5 existing ones.
- The Centre of Excellence with elements of the NCC was tested in 40 new specialized educational institutions (EI), in addition to 20 participating in EI with elements of the ICPC in 2017-2018.
- All final qualifying examinations within the scope of activity 3 will be conducted under the guidance of 7 established Centers of Excellence.
- Creation of two additional sectoral centers of the ICPC in priority sectors of the Kyrgyz economy.
- Updating, in accordance with the recommendations of the participants of the with the elements of the ICPC, of the temporary "Regulations on final qualification exams with elements of independent certification of professional competencies in educational institutions of primary vocational education of the Kyrgyz Republic".
- Introduction of elements of the ICPC in the GQM for four short-term courses.
- Preparation of 40 multipliers on dissemination of the ICPC procedures
In order to achieve result D, it is planned:
- Development of the Regulation on validation of the ICPC.
- Elaboration of the Manual on NIPC Validation.
- Piloting the validation in Centers of excellence (CECs) in two new professions in two industries.
- Training of 10 representatives of CECs on ICPC validation.
All activities related to the dissemination of the ICPC and validation should be carried out in close cooperation with the Agency for Vocational Education and the Coordination Council of the ICPC at the Coordination unit of Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Kyrgyz Republic.